How many Rec divers have an analog SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe you should try to add a poll.

My wife and I have an wireless AI computers, but have a analog console as a backup

My wife and I have our spg and depth console and will keep then as back up when we add our wireless computers.

Never been fully comfortable with wireless computers. I cannot count the times I've dove with people who have "lost connectivity" with their transmitter and a few times where folks didn't verify that their batteries were good prior to a dive. On the other hand, I've never had or seen an analog gauge fail. I dive with two computers and an analog pressure gauge. I lose a computer, I'm still diving.

Analog pressure gauge and digital depth gauge (computer).
Not air integrated or wirlesss computer yet and dont think ill get one soon.

I have analog gauges and a computer. I am in the process of getting a second nitrox computer wrist mounted. I am not bothered by the hoses yet. I am sure it is not the last computer I will get, but it works for me now. I used my son's setup on one dive and liked the redundancy.
Bob

Non integrated puter....
Analog spg
Computer dependent for depth.

I dive with a wrist mounted non ai computer, an ai console computer and carry an analog spg in my dive bag should the ai fail. I also always dive with a watch which I keep running in chronograph mode.

Wiz

My first computer was AI. After a battery failure at depth, in cold water, switched back to non-AI/SPG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom