Current OB/GS Shore Dive Condtions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall

Contributor
Reaction score
After Katrina and all of the washout from her, many of the beach-accessible sites were greatly uncovered.

I'm requesting a current exposure report on the Whiskey Wreck, Paddlewheeler, and Shrimp Boat.

And the West Beach onshore wreck. Is it exposed again?

I'm hoping to be able to give you an update on some of this by the end of the week.

I talked to Gary today and he said that Orange Beach took a pretty good beating. He also said that he noticed quite a bit of beach erosion, which may mean that the Whiskey may be more uncovered now then in recent memory. Water is still too rough to get out there just yet. It is going to take a few more days to let everything die down and settle.

Surf was rough all the way up to today, hopefully the particulate will settle over the rest of the week without picking back up. I'll see if I can get out there this weekend. I was at the beach Saturday and it was rough, big surf, strong surge and longshore currents, and coffee brown.

Erosion has been a problem, FWIW, its probably a good time to check out the beached civil war era wreck down in Fort Morgan.

Beach was flat today with northish winds at 5-10. Water looked good on the surface but had a sandy look out about 80'

I did get a report on the Wallace Liberty Ship vis at about 15' of so and some Army Tanks also @ 15 - 20' vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom