Nitek Duo Docking Station & Vista 32-bit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Nitek Duo docking station, installed the software and plugged in the docking station. Computer tried to install the driver but that resulted in an error that says PL-2303x OnlyUSB driver, the system cannot find the file specified.

I sent an inquiry in from the Dive Rite website inquiring about Vista and received only the following response from Ag:

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately the software is not compatible with Vista at this stage.

Best,
Ag

Yet if I look at your website, you clearly indicate Vista is supported:
Note: Compatible with Windows Vista 32-bit operating system.
<your website>/products/catalog/computers/computers/co8110

I have the 32 bit version of Vista. I love the computer, but if I can't download the dives I'm not sure this is the best model for me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I just purchased a new Nitek Duo docking station, installed the software and plugged in the docking station. Computer tried to install the driver but that resulted in an error that says PL-2303x OnlyUSB driver, the system cannot find the file specified.

I know this may be a long shot, but have you tried searching for the missing file online? I have been successful with this type of search in the past.

Good luck.

I have and believe it or not google let me down :wink: Cannot find it anywhere, but surely I can't be the only person experiencing this...

I kept playing with this and did manage to make it work. If you encounter a similar issue with Vista (32 bit) and the Duo Docking Station drop me a line on this board and I'll walk you through what I did. If your computer is configured like mine, it won't work using the instructions you get with the system or by just copying the sys files to the drivers folder.

Thanks (very cool program by the way, it was worth the time spent trying to get it to work)!

sharktoothpick - I have vista 32 and can't seem to get the usb reader to recognize during download. what is the secret please?

Its a shame that Dive Rite wont update the software for what is otherwise a great dive computer. I asked a year ago and recieved the same reply. Still no software update. At least tell us if there is any other software Vista Compatible that will work with the Duo.

Apologies, I haven't been on the board for some time. After I ran the install program, this is what I did (if I recall correctly, you will need to have the docking station plugged in to your computer so it will show up in your device manager):

1. Go to Vista Device Manager, look under Other devices.
2. Right click on USB-Serial Controller and Update Driver Software
3. Click on Browse My Computer for Driver Software
4. Instead of selecting the drivers folder in system32, click on Let me click on a list of devices on my computer
5. Leave the selection on Show all Devices and click Next
6. Uncheck "Show all compatible devices", there should now be 2 selections for PL-2303, one is PL-2303X OnlyUSB Driver, the other is PL-2303 OnlyUSB Driver (notice no X).
7. Select the one with no X, PL-2303 OnlyUSB Driver, Click on Next
8. Read and disregard Microsoft compatibility warning
9. It installs itself and seems to work just fine.

It's ridiculous, but it has worked ever since for me. Hope that helps!

Bought one of those things today. Taking it back tomorrow. Same issues, very disappointing :shakehead:

Last edited:
Hi All,

We have just launched (last week) new software for the NiTek Duo and NiTek Trio. This is not an upgrade for NiTek Logic (they are not compatible). It is new software called Dive Log and is located under DOWNLOADS next to the product description of the NiTek Trio.

It works on Vista 64 and 32 bit, plus Windows XP.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Ok, I got the computer interface working with vista using the method described by sharktoothpick and installed the Dive Log software and would like to know, is there any way to set up different profiles in the Dive Log software? My wife and I both have Duos and would like to upload both of our dive logs to our own profiles but I cannot see any way to do this.

Thanks,

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom