Liveaboard in the Red Sea from Eilat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aines

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for some recommendations of good companies in Eilat for liveaboard trips in the Red Sea.

I will be there in mid to late October and would like to take a 4-5 day trip to Ras Muhammed and other beautiful places.

Personally don't know of any liveaboards that operate from Eilat but I see that Aquasport operate from Taba, just over the border.

Wouldn't you be better to get down to Sharm and do a liveaboard from their - some great sites usually including Thistlegorm and Rosalie Moeller, two wrecks in the Gulf of Suez. You are also more likely to see bigger stuff the further south you go. If you're interested in Sharm trips look at Tornado Fleet or Emperor websites.

Check with lucky Divers in Eilat they have a boat from Eilat for liveaboard to Dahab.

You have two different options:

1. Liveaboard from Taba-Sharm. It is a completely different attitude of diving compared to the crowded liveaboards operating from Sharm- in most sites you won't find too many other boats- if at all. Some great sites which are not so popular are R.Abu Galum and R. Mamlach, Gabr El bint and of course the Nabeq region. Some are well known and popular like the Blue Hole, Canyon, Tiran Island.

Aqua Sport operate this route.

2. Arrange a liveaboard from Sharm. All the Israeli representatives of liveaboard companies (like the SeaQueen fleet, Umbarak's Freedom boats etc.) will arrange everything including Eilat-Sharm transportation. Then you can choose which scenarios is better for you: Tiran, Ras Mo and its surroundings, Shaab Abu Nuhas etc. It all depends how many days you want to spend.
In a 4-5 Day I'd try to do 2 days in Tiran, 2 days in RasMo, and one day/night at Thistlegorm.

Myself, I never get bored diving Shark&Yolanda. There are so many different ways to dive these sites that I always try to convince the participants to spend the whole safari diving only Shark&Yolanda reef, but I never succeed and we end up going to other sites only to conclude after the week that the best diving was... Shark&Yolanda :wink:

Thank you everyone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom