Ike on the Turks and Caicos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well we are still waiting for the damage to be confirmed from the Turks and Caicos islands and how the reef's are coping. I have just spent a year working on Salt Cay and so far it looks like there have been no human casualties in the aftermath of not only Tropical Storm Hanna but then a few days later Ike slams into the islands. I will keep you all informed of what is happening there and how it looks for the next couple of months.....lets be thankful that we are all safe reading this from a hopefully warmer drier spot than there right now.....peace and blessings to all my friends there wishing you well....

Welcome to SB. Thanks for the news. Hope for the best.

Please do let us know, we are going to T&C at the end of October.

Hi there

OK so lets make this clear. Provo was practically untouched by either Hanna or Ike, so if you are travelling there then you will be fine.

Grand Turk, Salt Cay and South Caicos - different story completely. They were all completely trashed to some degree. The rebuilding effort is taking place with Grand Turk and South Caicos taking the priority for some reason?? Salt Cay is without power, communications or water. Peole are getting containers in today (Monday) to try to make the properties more safe there.

For the most part it seems like Salt Cay and South Caicos will definitely take the longest to be ready for visitors. Grand Turk as the Capital will of course take priority, but the re-building is going to be a huge task and take some months. You need to try to contact the property or hotel you were booked at to get more information, if its Salt Cay not sure how that is going to happen as no comms there right now.

Again prayers and blessings to everyone there as they are working hard to get the islands back on their feet....I will keep you updated as I get more informtion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom