pockets weights and others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Albion

Contributor
Reaction score
I have just bought a Trans pac II with travel wings, my diving is mainly tropical and i only use 4kg of weight max.

My dealer had some dive rite wieght pockets which i suspect are the old type and don't look to secure

Any recoemendations, bearing in mind i only need a couple of weights per pocket so i dont need some huge container ship on my harness.

Also I need a pocket to hold a flip snorkel and smallish SMB, the deep outdoors ones look nice but might be a bit big.

Please no DIR tips like get a pocket on your wetsuit, some times I dont wear a wet suit.

Here's a link to Dive Rite express. They have a multitude of pockets and they will ship internationally. I think the clipper pocket would work out pretty well for you on both counts. Or you could try the add on thigh pocket for the snorkel and SMB. The new pockets have a redesigned velcro system with twice the holding power. I really should go into the marketing:D
Dive Rite Express

Hope that helps:D

I am using Halcyon trim pockets on the belt of my TPII for holding weights. They will hold about 2kg/5lb each. I also thread weights directly onto my top tank band.

You could use a single clip pocket on the buckle side and thread a another weight directly onto the other side of the waist belt. I did that or a while. For the tropics being able to drop half the weight would be enough for me.

Have you tried to dive the rig with a weight belt? 4 kg is not all that much weight.

Also, Zeagle makes some smallish trim weight pockets.

The SMB I hang from a D-Ring. I don't carry a snorkel.

I have what must be the "old style" weight pockets. I've been diving the TPII for six years now, with anywhere from nothing up to 7Kg/15 pounds in each pocket and have never had any problem with the weight's security whatsoever. I've used shot, block and a combination of the two. Before I got the weight pockets I dove the TP with a weightbelt and that worked just fine too.
What you decide on should be what works best for you, but I wouldn't worry about the Dive-Rite velcro pockets - I've never known anyone to have any problem with them.
I use the Dive-Rite two-zipper pouch - with a frame made out of a coathanger in it to make it keep its shape and the zippers operating smoothly.
Rick

I like my TPII with a belt. Works great, keeps things simple.
I also have two Halcyon trim pockets on the lower cam band, which get to be used while diving AL80/7mm combination.

Thanks for the info,
weight belts point taken i just prefer everything on the bc, had an experience with someone grabbing my weight belt release by accident and I only just managed to catch it on my fins before I shot skyward.

The halcyon trim pockets look pretty small and unobtrusive (hopefully not too much), and the zipper pocket has potential, will need to go to local shop with the contents and see what fits.

I have carried the snorkel gfor years but never used it, except for post dive snorkel, just cant bear to part with it

The Halcyon pockets will probably serve you well. Under the Fair Trade Pricing that Halcyon uses, the pockets are 46 USD which comes out to about 80 SGD.

:rolleyes: I got bored and found a currency converter. What else am I supposed to do while I'm up all night?:D

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
....I use the Dive-Rite two-zipper pouch - with a frame made out of a coathanger in it to make it keep its shape and the zippers operating smoothly.
Rick
What are the dimensions of the two zipper pocket? Both the DiveRite Express site and the main DiveRite site have nothing other than it will hold a standard slate.

anyone got experience with DeepOutdoors products. their pockets look nice but maybe too big.

The halcyon stuff maybe even cheaper as most dive gear here is below US / UK pricing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom