Just a little tip if you are going to Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MartinNorway78

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow red-sea divers :)

Just returned from Dahab and this time I actually found a little tip I thought I would share with you:

GO TO THE DENTIST!!

I changed 3 fillings and had a complete cleaning/polish for 550 EGP, the same procedure would have cost 2500 EGP in Norway...

Adel is a young funny professional (whos also enjoys diving) with equipment similar to european standards. His office is just outside town (2 mins) next to the Jotun (Norwegian paint-company) and National Bank. Any driver in the whole town knows him.

I had 2 appointments in the evening and dived the next day with no problems. It gives you a good feeling knowing you've done it and it makes your holiday cheaper!!

here is a rather kitchy movie about the idea:
YouTube - Adel the Dentist in Dahab

Enjoy!:D

:D:D:D:D:D

nudee1.jpg
[/IMG]

I spent 5 months in Dahab - most of last winter - and I too had to use Dr Adel's services. 2 root canals and clean & polish cost LE650. He has a clean, modern surgery which he's just moved to this year, and did a very professional job. After expeiencing UK dentists it was a revalation to get an appointment on the same day - I phoned him at 9.30am after waking with a toothache and I was in his surgery by 10.30.

I need another filling now, so I think it's time to go back to Dahab!

Had some (medical)issues in the past,my self and other diveteam members.
rule # 1 DON'T go to the local general hospital, but go to a privat clinic,they have the best equipment around.Prizes will make you smile,even after a rootcanal.:D even if they are "tourist"prizes
They realy do have some of the finest medic's on the planet.

As a "funny"anacdote:eek:ne of our teammembers got his foot trapped between two boats,he was obviosly in some pain.:D but did not wabt to see a local doctor,but as time went on,the pain got worse and he could hardly walk.So inspite of his protests we let the hotel call a doctor.
He came within 10 min.and gave him a phisic in the hotel lobby :rofl3:
Gave him a shot(god knows what was in it)he started to see all kinds of firey balls and had no pain whatsoever.Even the day's after(3 more to go)he had no more pain.
He saved his trip.:D

Wow... thats a surprise, and good to know, as I have a trip to Dahab coming up. I must say that I cant complain about the med. care I received there: I once got a bad case of Salmonella. The hotel called a Dr. who came within 2 hrs... he examined me and hung an IV with antibiotics from the curtain rod, also gave me oral meds. that fixed me up just fine.

Back
Top Bottom