Changing battery in Vytec and transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So, I received two battery kits through a guy on e-bay. Both came with battery, o-ring, and tube of silicon lube. Now, the tubes are clearly labled as coming from Ikelite. So, I'm wondering, is it standard practice to lube these particular o-rings? Are there "official" kits from Suunto that come with lube? Or is the lube merely a nice to do, or should I not use it? The change-battery video I saw on this didn't show the use of any lube (and didn't cover the transmitter at all).

Thanks!
nd

I have swapped out the batteries in mine a few times and used lube each time. I do not use very much and just spread it over the ring and kind of whipe it back off leaving just a fine coating. I have not had a problem doing it this way. Just be sure the o-ring is clean and the channels it rests in are clean, a piece of dirt and it will not matter if you lube or not. It is a simply proceedure.

Good Luck

Thanks. I got the computer and transmitter today and changed the batteries. Computer seems fine - will have to wait until I get a tank to try the transmitter. Hopefully everything will resist water when I jump in :)

Back
Top Bottom