PADI Nitrox Cert w/ NAUI Adv. Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orionnt

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi There, So im planning on getting my Nitrox Certification soon, and my local Dive shop here in Charleston SC is a PADI Shop. Ive got my Basic, Advanced, and Rescue Certifications already, however they are all through NAUI. I know NAUI and PADI use different tables, but ive never used a PADI table. Is this really gonna matter when i take the Nitrox course?

You will probably have to work out some dive tables problems using the EAN32 table and some others using equivalent-air-depths and the PADI air RDP.

No big deal though. Those tables work exactly like the USN-based NAUI dive tables. The numbers will be different of course, and there will be a bunch of minor changes in what things are called --- "Pressure group at end of dive" instead of "end-of-dive letter group"; "ABT or Actual Bottom Time" vs. "ADT or Actual Dive Time", etc. But the basics of finding NDLs and of calculating NDLs for repetitive dives are the same for both agency's tables.

You will probably have to work out some dive tables problems using the EAN32 table and some others using equivalent-air-depths and the PADI air RDP.

No big deal though. Those tables work exactly like the USN-based NAUI dive tables.

Out of curiosity, does PADI have separate EAN32 tables? Are they derived from the PADI air RDP, NOAA, or something else?

NAUI & PADI tables work exactly the same way, if you can work one, you can work the other. One caution, don't switch between them, A D Group on one is not a D group on the other. NAUI's tables are much more conservative, especially for repetitive diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom