Shorter-Length Liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. I'm considering a liveaboard as my next vacation with my girlfriend. However, neither my girlfriend nor myself have tried this type of vacation before and the lengths of the trips I've seen have generally been one week or longer.

So my question is whether anyone knows of a shorter length liveaboard trip? Three days or so would be perfect, I think. Enough to let us try it out to see if we'd want to do it for longer in the future.

Thanks for all the help.

Gulfstream Eagle does 3 and 4-nighters this time of year. They run from West Palm Beach to the West End area of Grand Bahama. Welcome to the Gulf Stream Eagle Liveaboard - Bahamas, CaySal, Bimini

This boat is for sale.

It would really suck for the original poster to fly all the away across the country and have to buy two plane tickets only to find out after he booked it all that the boat was sold...

There are other choices. Several Channel Island boats near him that don't require a plane flight. Also the Ultimate Getaway like mentioned also.

Our spring break is 4/2/09 until 4/12/09........they don't have any charter then?
What's up with that?

Sharkdiver.com has the boat booked for that week.

Mike Ball's Spoilsport has 3 day trips to Cod Hole/Ribbon Reefs out of Cairns, Australia. This was my first liveaboard last summer and I thought they were fabulous. It's a lot farther than you may be planning for a vacation, but at least easier to get to from LAX than where I live now (I was living in Long Beach when I made the trip).

are you thinking of a tropical liveaboard or local? Budget?

A 3 night on a boat with lots of bunks and shared heads is a completely different experience than the week or more luxury liveaboard with private cabins and baths. ANd of course there is lots of in-between.

If you go tropical or any distance, I'd suggest someplace where you'd then want to stay on land for some more days, and maybe do some more land-based diving - instead of flying all that way for just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom