Genesis Resource Nitrox Dive Computer * HELP *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joshlvsjess

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all! I am new to the boards however I have been reading them extensively. I was given a Genesis dive computer from a family member who never used it. The whole regulator second stage and octopus were never used. However, the manual to the Dive computer was lost. I went to Genesis's website however they only have the manual for the resource with AIR. This computer looks differnet and it can do both air and nitrox. I have included a picture to clear any of that confusion. The picture is off of retail website. My console has the pressure guage, the computer with a compass at the top.

My question is... does anyone have a manual for this or by chance know how I can get me hands on one? I am very computer savy, however I am kind of new to diving and would like to fully understand the computer BEFORE I go diving with it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Josh

Ok.. well I cannot post pictures until I have 5 posts so mabey I can describe it. It looks the same as the normal resource however it has a green outline on the right side that displays O2. Hopefully I can get 5 posts and be able to put a picture up.

Another possibility is to go the Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Owner's Manuals oceanic website and look at manuals for their one button computers such as Data Plus, Versa, Veo series computers.

Pelagic Pressure Systems is a company supplying dive computers to many different dive companies including its parent company Oceanic, and also Genesis, Aeris, and Sherwood. Often there are very similar computers being sold under multiple brand names.

Ahhh. If the computer has been around 9 years, then it is most likely a clone of the Oceanic Data Plus (the 1 button computer, not the slightly later 2 button Data Plus 2).

That would be the one, slightly different display, but essentially the same computer.

I have one of these and could send you a copy of the manual. Of course, I need to scan it in and then e-mail it to you. I really like this computer, the batteries are easy to change and if you put some silicon greese on the o-ring, and inspect it before you put it back together, it should not leak. Some of the newer computers don't have the screw down battery compartment and they leak easily. PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you a copy sometime this next week.

Hello all! I am new to the boards however I have been reading them extensively. I was given a Genesis dive computer from a family member who never used it. The whole regulator second stage and octopus were never used. However, the manual to the Dive computer was lost. I went to Genesis's website however they only have the manual for the resource with AIR. This computer looks differnet and it can do both air and nitrox. I have included a picture to clear any of that confusion. The picture is off of retail website. My console has the pressure guage, the computer with a compass at the top.

My question is... does anyone have a manual for this or by chance know how I can get me hands on one? I am very computer savy, however I am kind of new to diving and would like to fully understand the computer BEFORE I go diving with it.

Let's Identify this computer.... the Resource I think is air only, but you think yours might be Nitrox also. So maybe it's not a Resource, but a React Pro or similar

Note: If you see us asking about a pic that might be a different brand, this computer was actually made by Palegic, who then re-branded it and sold it as Sherwood, Genesis, Oceanic, etc... so if you can match up a comparing model, a manual from another manufacturer would work for you also in a lot of cases.

Is this it?

Genesis Resource Pro (air only - one button)
resourcemod.jpg

Genesis ReAct Pro (air/nitrox - two button)
reactpromodule.jpg

Sherwood Logic - One button, Nitrox - notice the graph on the right with Oxygen in Green? this indicates o2 loading for Nitrox. If you're older Genesis computer is Nitrox but one button, it'll look like this Sherwood Logic and have the 2nd dot/graph on the right and o2 loading
200212GR_39_logic.jpg

For reference, here are a few manuals.
Genesis ReAct Pro Manual - http://scubatoys.com/store/gauges/REACT_PROmanual.pdf

Genesis Resource - I think I've got a Resource manual at home and can email if needed.... but have to check first.

The original Genesis Resource was a Nitrox computer, they changed it to an air only computer later on. Unfortunately, my computer and manual is in Florida. I have a different computer here in Virginia.

The original Genesis Resource was a Nitrox computer, they changed it to an air only computer later on. Unfortunately, my computer and manual is in Florida. I have a different computer here in Virginia.

I thought they might have had it both ways.....

if that's the case, the Sherwood Logic computer manual should be the same.....

I'm 99% sure I have a copy of that on my computer at home if the OP wants that. I can email it to him or maybe post it here. PDF Format.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom