Diving in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boracay diving is interesting. There are sites for the beginning divers - gentle slopes and calm water. It is excellent for training dives. For experienced divers, there are some dive sites that will pump up your adrenaline!

Anyway, for more information, you can visit our website at:

http://www.diving.com.ph/

Enjoy and dive safely!

P.S. There are more commercial establishments now in Boracay. Lots of fun.

I would love to dive there sometime, but with the current state of world affairs it might be a while till I get truely out of the country!

On A Personal Note: To any terrorist who may read this, if you are diving please take a moment to add 50# of weight to your bcd and puncture your air bladder before jumping in cause you are messing with diving and that pisses me off!

BTW: To Pakistan and those protesting this action, "WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON?" It is one thing to protest but when you burn down a Kentucky Fried Chicken, you are just being plain stupid, now I will never visit!

Two weeks ago I was in the Philippines, and did a lot of diving. Went diving mostly in the Visayas, or central part of the Philippines. Apo Island was great!! Visibility was excellent and marine life was awesome. :amazed: Bohol also is a good place to go diving.
Last year I was in Boracay, that place is like paradise, beautiful beaches, powdered sand, nice people and not at all expensive. Diving is for all levels in Boracay.
If anybody is planning to go to the Philippines, stay away from the southern part of the Philippines, you might get kidnapped by terrorists. Go to the central part, It's much safer.

Originally posted by syruss32
I would love to dive there sometime, but with the current state of world affairs it might be a while till I get truely out of the country!

I can understand ur apprehensions. On the brighter side, you may want to take advantage bargain dive tours being offered in the Philippines.IMO these kidnapping stuff is pretty much hyped in the media.

I will be diving in cebu/leyte next week. weather permitting

Diving in the Philippines is really cheap at this time, probably because of the present kidnapping stuff, and its true that its good to take advantage of this. Diving in Cebu is also good, but I find Dumaguete diving better especially Apo Island. DesertDiver have fun diving in the Philippines and be safe. Be careful also of what you eat for I had food poisoning when I was there.:eek:ut:

We were also around the Visayas area about a month ago. Apo island was great! (first time there...) Bohol area was good too! This months dive was at Puerto Galera. Really enjoyed diving the Canyons in Puerto Galera. Next month we are suppose to be doing Coron Islands. Maybe if we get lucky we will finaly get to Boracay sometime soon....lol. Though I much agree with Dolphinus. Stay out of the southern Philippines...Though I wonder if it's not safer now with all the American Military down there? Not that I would want to head down there anytime soon to find out for myself...lol. As with traveling to "any" third world country. One should be carefull. Having a guide, staying out of certain areas, and watching what one put's in one's mouth...lol.

Had food poisoning actually in Cebu, stayed 2 days in the hospital instead of staying underwater:( . But despite all, still had a wonderful time there. I'll be looking forward in going back there next year. Anybody wanna go diving with me??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom