Sherwood Outback BC able to carry twins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetvet

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This seems to be a stupid question.....even for me, but I was flipping through a Sherwood product sheet today, and saw what I thought was a conversion kit to allow the outback to be outfitted with a backplate for twins. Am I crazy (possible) or just stupid (more likely).
This may be just wishful thinking since I was in the LDS today, looking at a tec set up and wondering if I could sell my dogs to pay for it......If anyone knows if this is possible, or recommended (Outback only has ~40 pounds of lift), please let me know before someone answers my "for sale" ad.
:D

Thanks

I don't know anything about it taking a back plate but the Sherwood Outback can be fitted with a nylon strap band system for doubles. The Best way I could explain it would be to have you look at the AP Buddy twin bands. It is my understanding that they are the same or close to it.

Buddy Bands

The Sherwood catalog shows a stainless steel backplate, I assume it can be attached without impeding the bladder. Am starting to think that I need to make a decision to do it right (pardon the pun) and buy proper gear, or go in some other direction with my diving. Thanks for the input Dectek. Again anyones input would be welcome:)

On the Sherwood website you can look at the BC accessories section and see the Optional backplate. It is not a standard type plate. This means you will only be able to use it with the Outback. But it still looks like you will have to use the Buddy band System.
To be more versatile you may want to look a little more closely at the Transpack system.
I did a conversion to a Dacor rig that was kind of like the Backplate for the Outback but it used a standard plate. I don't want to give you the same old thing that you usually hear on the board but I made the decision that if I was going to wear a plate then I was going to go full tilt and get rid of a bulky harness and do the BP/wing thing.
I already sold my Rig that had the backplate and I am in the process of selling the original one now.
Lets see if I can get a link for your BP.
BCD Accessories

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom