Mares Mission PUCK wrist mount removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ucrtwf

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I just picked up a new Mares Mission PUCK wrist mount computer. Silly me figured it would be relatively easy to take it out of the wrist mount and toss it into one of my consoles. Is it just me or is it a pain in the butt to get it out of the mount? Any tips? I ran it under warm water to soften the plastic, it did flex more, but no where close to releasing the unit. I don't want to scratch it or force it to the point of damage. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Hi,
I just picked up a new Mares Mission PUCK wrist mount computer. Silly me figured it would be relatively easy to take it out of the wrist mount and toss it into one of my consoles. Is it just me or is it a pain in the butt to get it out of the mount? Any tips? I ran it under warm water to soften the plastic, it did flex more, but no where close to releasing the unit. I don't want to scratch it or force it to the point of damage. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Did you ever figure out the trick? I have the same issue.

Thanks

Hi,
No, I never figured it out. Luckily, I had an oversized console laying around that fit the entire computer (I just took off the band ends)- and I used it like that for my last trip. It worked fine. I'm not sure what I would have done if I didn't have that other console.
Good luck,
Tim

I have a puck computer (not mares) that was hard to get in/out of the console.

soaking in hot water really helped.

dish soap might help also as it will lube the console, just rinse like crazy afterwards as you don't want dried soap on any sensor inputs.

I was able to remove it by removing the pins that hold the watchband on ten running it under warm water and prying it out of the housing. Then I discovered that it was too small for my console, but it did fit with the rubber housing back on. Good news. Seems to be a nice computer, haven't used it yet. Lori

Hi,
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Why would you want to take out of wrist mount? Wrist is much easier to see while assending? My first computer was puck in console... I looked everywhere for replacment wrist strap. Never found it. The console computer is my backup now with wrist as primary.

Back
Top Bottom