9/12/2008 California Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EEZerik

Registered
Reaction score
I'm exhausted!
Ritchie, Austin and I had a great time on Friday with clear visibility(40-60 Feet vertically and 50-70 laterally). We dove all day from 7am to 6pm. not including boat ride & cleanup. The seas were flat, calm, clear, except for lots of algae in the water...

I got to take some pictures and video right in the action on numerous occasions. After coming up from my first dive, 2 yellowtail (one 15# and one 30#) cruised behind to check me out. Austin, following me upcurrent made a quick dive and shot the larger of the two fish. Then a sealion came to check him out: YouTube - Yellowtail and Sea Lion after spearfishing

We dove on the spot and my last 4 dives I saw yellowtail everydive diving the outer edge of the bait and facing the bait.
YouTube - Two Yellowtails
Then, turning around and yellowtail(s) (1-2) would come by to check out what was going on.

Tried taking a little footage and should be posting a few better videos hopefully soon (less shaky) Here is a little Calico Bass Spearfishing video. I'm searching for a better technique than left hand holding camera, right hand holding gun, so I dropped the gun, swam after it and picked it up relatively close to the bottom. Seemed to work =)
YouTube - Calico Bass Spearfishing
Some U/W Pictures of Ritchie and his 30# yellows

ritchie2.jpg

ritchie3.jpg

Got a picture of me:
erik4.jpg

Some food: (fresh bonito sashimi on the boat)
019.jpg

Made some more sushi at home:
039.jpg

:D

Erik Sun
Sumora Dive Tools
our website: sumora, official distributors of Rabitech
our blog: Spearfishing adventures
erik @ sumora.com

Attachments

• fillet.jpg
    fillet.jpg