Indonesia / Malaysia / Philippines??? Please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escher123

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies to my earlier posts! You guys are so helpful:) Thanks a ton. Regarding our trip to SE Asia in Feb 2009, we'd like to do either one of Philippines, Indonesia, or Malaysia. The places that we've kinda narrowed it down to in each of these countries are:

1) Philippines: Cebu or Dumaguete (Apo reef), Cabilao Island, Alona beach, Bohol.
2) Indonesia: Siladen (Bunaken, North Sulawesi) or Lombok (gili trewangan?)
3) Malaysia - KK, Sipadan/Kapalai

My main factors in choosing a destination are

1) the weather
2) the type of marine life we'd see (not too keen on macro/ muck-diving, prefer larger marine life - colourful fish, turtles, sharks, rays, coral reefs, etc)
3) the ability to snorkel close to the resort where we stay (i.e., would be nice if the resort has a house reef)
4) and given that I'm a complete novice at scuba diving - we'd like to go some place where currents are not too strong, and the water is warm. My fiance on the other hand has an advanced certification so ideally we'd like to go someplace where theres something challenging for him as well!
5) Nice resorts (but not over the hill on $$!)- as this is going to be our honeymoon!

Please help!!! :confused:

Cheers :)

PS: sorry if you've stumbled upon this post on other forums under Asia - I didn't know which one country to put it under so I had to post it on all three country's forums!

You've hit the right forum for Philippines diving :) I'd recommend you not try Indonesia especially Bunaken until you have a lot more wall/current experience. Two of my dive buddies loved Sipidan, but this is the PPD board so ... try the Philippines the diving is great, the folks are friendly, and the food/drink excellent!

Back
Top Bottom