Suunto Gekko Wrist Strap - Where do you buy it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deltat

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Suunto Gekko dive computer mounted in a console. I want to buy the pins and straps so I can wear it on my wrist. I've tried three SCUBA shops and every time I try and order it's on backorder. Why is this so hard to find!!

1) Does anyone know where I can get these items?
2) Is there a generic strap and pins that will work? If so, can you provide a link to where I can buy?

Thank You!

Bungee cord - totally the way to go. No hassle, cheap to replace, impossible to lose and depth compensating, too.

I'd have to agree with both of the above posts. I have a Gekko and that is how mine is done. I actually cut the band on mine leaving just enough room to make two holes, in the band, on either side. Through the holes I put the bungee. Since you don't have the band to do this, buy the Selkie listed for you. :)

Bungies all the way!!!!

I have my Gekko in a DSS bungie mount, my OMS bottom timer in one and my backup Oceanic Data Plus in one as well. I don't have to adjust between diving dry or wet and don't have to worry about deep dive compression.

How about this? It is designed so that you can secure the instrument to your wrist with bungee cord, which will compensate for wetsuit compression at depth (unlike a strap).

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=48

Cheers,
Lilla

Good choice! I have both my Suunto compass and Vyper housed in the Deep Sea model at the noted link.

In the late 90's I took apart my dangling Suunto console. I used a thin cord with a squashed and glued knot, placed into 4 holes making them permanently secure as two loops. I then did the same for my drysuit compass with a slightly thicker cord. The compass bezel, taken off, was cleaned & dipped in silicone. I used superglue to secure the 4 white tabs inside to the walls of the housing. The compass bezel is still well lubed. It was an easy DIY and I have a lightweight versatile solution to the dragging console.

Thanks everyone. I just bought the mount and a supply of bungee from DSS.
How are people rigging the bungee? What is the safest and best way to rig this up.

Thanks everyone. I just bought the mount and a supply of bungee from DSS.
How are people rigging the bungee? What is the safest and best way to rig this up.

Go with the directions above for sealing it into the mount.

As for the bungee, you will need two pieces, at least the way I had it done. Put one piece through one hole and the other end through its corresponding hole on the other side. Be sure both ends end up facing up, if that makes sense. Put the gauge where you are going to wear it on your wrist. Tie a knot that is close and tight to the mount. You will want to burn the ends of the bungee so there is no fraying and the ends are essentially "sealed". Repeat for the other side. Be sure when fitting the bungee on your wrist not to make it to tight. :)

I just happened to come across this pic in my photobucket today:

computerbungee.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom