Scooter storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigken462

Contributor
Reaction score
I am beginning to get cramped in my dive trailer and trying to find a way to safely store my SS UV-18 and 26 scooter bodies while in transport. I would like to us PVC pipe to make a small two tier frame just high enough to accommodate two bodies, and wide enough for them to be cradled.

It’s my idea to store the 26 on the bottom portion, and the 18 on top in the second shelf. Would type I SCH 40 2” PVC pipe be strong enough to support the weight of these bodies and their batteries?

The Scooter shelf would be attached to the wall and floor using 2 inch pipe clamps. I would make the openings just big enough to clear the scooter body, and just long enough to use my hands to grasp the bodies on the ends and pull forward to remove. If needed, I have several feet of scrap 2 ½” cotton jacketed fire hose that can be attached to the long portions of the PVC pipe to act as a cradle for the scooter tubes. I haven’t yet decided on what to use to keep the batteries from sliding about inside the bodies, but that should be an easy fix with some brain storming.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions or ideas,

Kenny

I would use 2x4. I really don't think the PVC would be sturdy enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom