Orca Pilot EAN Audio - COND-ALT/SAL setting 0-7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NO2narcosis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know what the COND-ALT > SAL > (0-7) on the Pilot EAN Audio is for? I recently purchased a what looks to be a well kept used one , but the manual is dated 3/5/96. I have an older model of the Pilot EAN and this manual matches up to it. Orca changed/added some features and moved things around on the display in late 90's-early 2000 and this is the only setting I can't figure out.

Haaay, I thought I was the only guy around with an old EAN audio.:D

The fact is Orca stopped production of these units in house in the early to mid 90s, - they then farmed the production out to a Finland based electronics company, (for the life of me I cant remember their name - but I will check my records and let you know if I remember tomorrow) who continued with the product soley under the ORCA brand for a few years, but, the volumes were too small to cover their costs and they broke with Orca and started selling the line OEM under a number of other brand names, Poseidon been one of them.

Just a bit of (useless??) history.

Anyway, if yours is the same as mine, I can try and help you, (there were some changes from the early models made in house by Orca and the OEM ones from Finland) or if I can find the finnish companies name you can contact them, I will dig the unit out of a cupboard somewhere and post a pic here as soon as I can, let me know if its the same and we can try and muddle it out from there.?

Thanks Widget,
Someone else on a thread for a Pilot manual was able to answer the question. The SAL setting is for salinity, with "0" being fresh water and "7" for the 'Dead Sea' :) I guess. I have one of each and would be interested in which one you have just to verify the answer.
Thanks again,
karl

hi i have been trying to find out what type of battery fits this unit i also have a pilot ean (not the audio ) i know this is an old post but if you know what battery type is in your unit can you let me know all the best

alan
scotland uk

thanks karl we used to get radio shack gear from a electrical outlet but they shut down mid to late 80s!!!! i remember it well used to get a lot of stuff that was hard to get

anyway thanks again i am relativly new to this sport and wish i had taken it up a long time ago its GREAT great to see divers all around the world helping each other out

dive safe
alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom