Indonesia beginning of November - need advice, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
I know November will be the start of the rainy season. I booked a flight to Bali to head to Nusa Lembongan end of October and beginning of November one week in Selayar Dive Resort (which is only operating in the rainy season).
Well, I was told, it was booked... Now, they told me that it was not sure whether the room in Selayar Dive Resort was available...
All suggestions about places with not too much rain in November and reliable flight connections are welcome.
I thought about Alor, but...
Has anyone been to Selayar Island Resort?
Cheers,
Liberty

Traditionally heavy continuous rain does not commence to around mid December in Bali.

Mola Molas were in earlier this year with some great sightings as early as the beginning of August. Normally October is the best Month.

For Lembongan check out Bali Diving Academy ( Bali Diving Academy )

Komodo is great this time of year Live-a-aboards can normally get down easily to the very southern sites (such as Manta Alley - End of the world etc), sometimes there has been a little light rain and the scenery can be nice and green especially horseshoe bay area.

Of you have not been then Ambon is easily got to from Bali and most dive sites are accessible this dive of year - they have some great muck diving sites in the harbour beside the gteat coral reef dives etc. Maluku Divers are a good operation and very helpful with all your needs (including booking of flights from Denpasar etc) Maluku Divers, Ambon Dive Centre

need other info PM me

I was on Bali a couple of years ago during the rainy season. It was a daily torrential down pour in Sanur (south). We went to the north side of the island (Menjangan) and it was sunny and dry. The diving was good as well.

I am lucky enough to visit Bali several times a year, and in my experience November should be fine if you don't stay in the hills (Ubud etc.).

Went to Alor in November last year and weather was sunny all the time - It is also the time when whales migrate through the channel in front of the resorts :)

First week in November last year was stunning, sunny weather at Wakatobi ... maybe one semi-overcast day. Beautiful again when we returned to Bali. If you are in the Selayar to Bali area, should be great!

Hey, we stoud last year in november in Matahari Tulamben Resort and enjoyed it very much. Tulamben is the driest region of Bali. So when there is rain in Kuta-Sanuar-area, Tulamben is still dry. And the diving was excellent. Best regards Divebaby55

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom