HELP-Free Aladin Prime !!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My LDS has offered a free Aladin Prime Computer with the MK25/G250V w/ AIR2 on a Glide Plus BCD. My questions are 2 or 3 console setup or wrist mount? Please respond to setup and suggestions for best configurization. I am a newbee diving in cool New England Waters. I would like to have a FS-1 compass but don't know if the three console setup would just get in the way while diving. How is the Aladin computer?:banghead: Please Help....

It's free, you cant go wrong with that, it also comes with a 2 year warranty, I would go with the 3 gauge in line.

what have you been diving with? the best configuration is what you are going to be comfortable with. right out of OW? probably best off w/ the console so its all together. personally i like it on my wrist, its all what is going to be personally best for you. also i would personally go with the mk 17 rather than the mk 25, i usually like the piston better but the 17 expecially w/ the cold water has been working great. out of curiousity what are of CT are you from?

what have you been diving with? the best configuration is what you are going to be comfortable with. right out of OW? probably best off w/ the console so its all together. personally i like it on my wrist, its all what is going to be personally best for you. also i would personally go with the mk 17 rather than the mk 25, i usually like the piston better but the 17 expecially w/ the cold water has been working great. out of curiousity what are of CT are you from?

I agrre go with the MK17/G250V and also go with the 3 its pretty compact for 3 items.

My first set up was with the 3 guage consol. The compass will point at the computer most of the time because they are on the same side of the consol and the supplied HP hose is really long, I had to run it under my left arm and attach it to my right shoulder. I did it because I'm horrible about loosing stuff but if I did it over I'd go wrist mount.

FWIW

P.S. The aladin is a great computer and the service is as well. Usually if you send it in for a batterie replacement they send you a new computer. All of the screens are easy to navigate. If you get into tec diving you can enter a code to reset the computer so you can dive it more than once a trip as well (if you plan on going tec get the tec though).

Yes I've been renting and can't decide what kind of equipment to get. I finished my OW in July. I've rented both computers in the console and on the wrist. I am from Meriden, CT. and where are you from? Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still listening and haven't puchased yet. NE Dive Center is in my backyard so its no problem to keep going back and ask questions.

im in east windsor, not too far from you...if you want to dive sometime give me a shout.

Back
Top Bottom