Anthony's Key Resort Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All!

Local diveshop headed for Anthony's Key Resort, Roatan end of October. Please respond with helpful hints, must do dive sites, and other do's and don'ts.

Thank you for all your input as I am new to Honduras diving.

Laine

Laine,
Roatan is great diving. It should be on everyone's list.
You'll love the wall dives, and the sea life. Anthony's Key is a good resort, and will know where to take you.
The best 'helpful hint' would be to be sure to spray yourself everytime you are on the beach. The Sand Fleas are very nasty there. Spray before you get in the water and when you get out.
There's a thread somewhere on the boards on everyone's idea of the best spray. It might be under the medical posts. Check there.
Have fun!
:sunny:

If you want to go on a dolphin dive or on the all-day trip to one of the other islands, be sure to sign up immediately upon your arrival. They fill up fast, especially the dolphin dives when a cruise ship is in port.
Remember the bug repellent as mentioned in an earlier post as the sand fleas can be vicious, especially in the evening.
Do a night dive in the lagoon as it's worth it and easy to accomplish.
If you have a choice, stay in one of the cabins out on the Key as they are nicer, newer, and usually airconditioned.

Thanks Natasha and Wyodiver for your input. I just got back from diving West Bay in Traverse City, MI. After that Roatan diving is sounding better and better. I can't wait to get back in saltwater again!

Keep blowing bubbles.

Laine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom