Migrating dive logs from old Wisdom software to the newest version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'Diddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Folks,

I've been using my Wisom for just over 3 years and I really like the computer. The computer came with version 1.0.4 of the upload software. I've recently downloaded version 2.0.2 from the Sherwood website. The new software has undergone signifcant improvements.

Sooooo, what I'd like to do now is move all my dives from the old version to the new version. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA :D

Have you been able download dives with the new software? If you are already downloading your dives with the new software all you need to do is "import" the old dives from the folder that you saved them in.

If you have not downloaded dives yet to the newer version. Let's make sure you can do that first.

Now that OceanLog has a new version, will the Wisdom software be updated soon?

I can't download ALL my dives from my dive computer using the new download software because after 50 dives my orginal computer died. Sherwood did replace it free of charge (YEA!). I'm able to import some of them by pointing the software to the location of the old data files. I often get an error loading to data item 3. I've also found a new annoyance. The new software has a field for "Life Time Dive #" and one for "DC Dive #". This makes perfect sense for someone in my position where not all dives were computer dive and not all dives were done using the same DC. The annoyance is that the software won't let me change the "Life Time Dive #" so that it matches my hand written dive log. Any suggestions on how I should proceed now?

TIA again

I just got an email from the S.E.

Here is what he wrote:

1. Life Time Dive # is base on your dive data, time and dive # and is not editable. As long as you change your dive date/ dive time/ dive # the LTD # will change.

2. Send us the old mdb file so that we track down and fix the error in importing dive data.

Here is what he wrote:

1. Life Time Dive # is base on your dive data, time and dive # and is not editable. As long as you change your dive date/ dive time/ dive # the LTD # will change.

2. Send us the old mdb file so that we track down and fix the error in importing dive data.

Thanks for all your help. I'll send the offending MDB file per your instructions in the PM you sent. The MDB file is on my desktop and I'm away until 10/5. I'll send it as soon as I get back home.:D

Thanks again,

jt

Here is what he wrote:

Thanks for all your help. And many thanks to the tech folks you put me in touoch with. I've moved all my dives to the new software and eveything is working great!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::grinbandit::confined:

Back
Top Bottom