Comparing Airliners to Manila!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MartinNorway78

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!
Planning my trip to Manila in December and want to hear what you others think about the airliners... (economy class)

Last time i flew with cathay pacific FRA-HKG-Manila and was really happy with everything, good seats, excellent service, good food and private entertainment centers.

Now I have a good offer from Virgin Atlantis from LHR, but I dont know anything about this airliner/flight - Anyone here have experience with Virgin's route LHR-Manila
?
Do they have good seats and private entertainmen centers?
Are they better than Lufthansa and KLM (which I bytheway think is crap to Asia..)

Appriciate some advice...

Hi Martin Norway. I imagine you're referring to Virgin Atlantic. If so, the advice from me is "go for it". They are a dependable, safe airline and yes, their aircraft are kitted out with the entertainment stuff. I recommend them, especially compared to that one with the initials AA......

I can't say enough bad things about the airline with the airline code of LH, never had the pleasure of KLM but I've heard it isn't. Cathy Pacific is quite good, Virgin has a good rep, Thai Air and Sing Air are also comfortable.

Yes... I mean Virgin Atlantic (a bit late :wink:) ehhh which one do you mean AA??, Aeroflot?? I flew with them to BANGOK it was a NIGHTMARE!! Lufthansa is also abo****ely CRAP on long flights...

I travel to Asia a lot for diving...Jal (great Sake), Cathy and Singapore (love Dom) are the best!

You would think that for what we are paying for plane tickets these days that seats would have gold thread inside and every meal was 5-star. Fly whatever airlines and complain all the way until you get a business class upgrade.....works for me!

You would think that for what we are paying for plane tickets these days that seats would have gold thread inside and every meal was 5-star. Fly whatever airlines and complain all the way until you get a business class upgrade.....works for me!
or have a pretty student become a flight attendant...

she'll email you and say: sir you will never fly economy again! (and she's real pretty too)

Jag

cant say often enough that she's pretty eh?

cant say often enough that she's pretty eh?
dude... remember that time we were chatting with the old farts and i sent you links from my contacts?

many of you gave the highest marks for "girl from UP" and "tin"... the FA is "tin"... :wink:

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom