http://www.diveheart.org/

Eagle Divers (wounded warriors)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Eagle Divers is a scuba diving club in the Ft Campbell (101st Airborne Division) area dedicated to the physical and mental rehabilitation of wounded and injured service members and their families. Eagle Divers is affiliated and partners with scuba professionals who are specially trained in the instruction of individuals with physical limitations and handicaps. Through the guidelines of the International Association of Handicapped Divers and the Professional Association of Dive Instructors, scuba diving is used as aqua therapy.

Eagle Divers trains wounded and injured service members who have a variety of injuries ranging from paralysis, amputations and cognitive disabilities. They also work with various other handicaps and limitations. Also provides a means for individuals with limited mobility an opportunity for increased freedom of movement. We are now incorporated in the state of Tennessee, and are pending the IRS approval to become a nonprofit. We all looking for donations and all instructors that would want to help. We have a class that is going to be held on October 15th to the 19th with about ten students. As we grow we will be needing more help. Feel free to contact me if you can help in any way.

Tedd Reesman
Eagle Divers Inc.
PO Box 1109
Ft Campbell, KY 42223
reesmantedda at hotmail.com ATTN: Eagle Divers
(931) 249-5647

Salut and welcome to :sblogo:

welcome aboard

well to be honest we are just now getting all the paper work done and are still looking for any all all gear and equipment new or used to be donaited and instructors who would like to help. web site set up as well. im pretty much getting the ball rolling and hope this will be a big thing we have worked with a few people in the keys and have made a few trips down thier. the people in the keys have been very helpful and they would like a group of wounded soldiers to come back down for a dive trip. were still pending the IRS aproval to be a non profit till then its still out of my pocket, and donations to keep it going. im working on some grants as well. well if you can help please feel free to call.

Tedd Reesman
Eagle Divers
931 249 5647

This group is coming to Florida in December! Has a thread been set up for this great event? If not, I'll post more details tomorrow!

Our LDS has set up a box for customers to donate items and it's going very well, I encourage my fellow scubaboard.com members to try the same thing! It's a great cause!

Back
Top Bottom