Philippine Coral Reef Exhibit in San Francisco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid

私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるã
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Philippine Coral Reef Exhibit

Saturday September 27, 2008
California Academy of Sciences

55 Concourse Dr
San Francisco, California 94118

The Philippine Coral Reef Exhibit, in a 212,000-gallon aquarium tank, will house a variety of soft and hard corals, black-tipped reef sharks, rays, and more than 4,000 reef fishes that are native to the Philippines. Showcasing the beauty and diversity of a coral reef in the Philippines, the exhibit will also feature interactive displays and in-tank diver presentations.

Opens September 27, 2008. Opening is FREE.

I can't wait to go. I will be taking my mother, father and wife. They are all non-divers, so will get a first hand look at what I've seen diving in the Philippines.

Sounds like fun.....

Anybody have some PI u/w pics they want to share?
They are asking me for some, but mine are not very good compared to many of my friends in the PPD.

copy of email

David & Francine:

I'm sending you the REEF press release and photo on the exhibit. You may want to disseminate it to your friends and family. Also for you David, one of our e-bulletins, this one about diving in the Philippines. Thanks.

P.S. If you have photos of underwater scenes (especially those showing life in the coral reefs) that you took while diving in the Philippines, please send me about 8-10 and we can feature them on our website. We have a rotating photo gallery. Check it out: Philippine Coral Reef Exhibit.

Voltaire

Paging Diver Dennis, paging Diver Dennis...
Can I send in some of your pictures I have on CD ?

David, this is at the newly remodeled De Young Museum correct? For about how long is this going to be there for? I surely will wonder over there when I get the chance.

I'd offer some David, but my shots don't compare to Jon's, Caloy's, Dennis', Pak's, Larry's, Tim's, etc....

Thanks Jon,
I'll let you know if I submit some of your pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom