Dive Rite STA bolts - where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga68

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I have a Halcyon Eclispe and don't really like the wing nut fasteners on the STA

I have seen a number of references to people replacing them with Dive Rite bolts (which are flat and have a coin slot nut head in place of the wing nut)

I'd like to make the same substitution, but I've googled and looked at the DR website and can't find them (for sale)??

I don't care if they are Dive Rite or not, I'm just using DR because that's the brand I've heard other people mention (although they must be captive like the original Halcyon wing nuts), I just like the idea of not having the wing nuts sticking up (not that I've ever felt them dig into me or anything, but still - the SMB pocket is restricted by them if nothing else)

TIA for a link if you can provide one

If they are the SS sex bolts you are talking about, Scubatoys here in Dallas has them. They are about $8-9 a set.

I'm not a big fan of the SS wing nuts either. What I did on both my and my wife's H rigs was replace the wing nuts with DSS' Delrin Thumbwheels - Only $5.00 for a pair and so much easier on the fingers than the old SS wing nuts (and you can't beat DSS' service).

Got mine at the amazing scubatoys.com .

N

I'm not a big fan of the SS wing nuts either. What I did on both my and my wife's H rigs was replace the wing nuts with DSS' Delrin Thumbwheels - Only $5.00 for a pair and so much easier on the fingers than the old SS wing nuts (and you can't beat DSS' service).

+1 I love these. I use them on my doubles and with my STA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom