Is it possible to attach a Suunto Gekko to a retractor/

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwm1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wear mine on my wrist, but I would like to attach it to my BC. Anyone done this? or have a picture?

Doug

Damn, that's pricey!! Looks nice though.

I think for less money you could just get a replacement boot from DSS and a standard retractor and be just as happy with it - and have the option of using it on your wrist if/when desired.

I don't understand why you would want to do that
Alternative to console and/or avoiding having to strap it on to a wrist?

I can see the appeal. Imagine if your light is strapped to your inflater, your knife is strapped to the center BC pocket, your compass is on a retractor attached to your BC. Now your computer is either on a very small console, or strapped to the wrist. This config minimizes having to strap stuff on, keeps your hands free, and eliminates or minimizes console drag.

Sounds appealing to me :)

I don't understand why you would want to do that
I dont like it on my wrist & and dont want to change consoles, seems to be simplest solution.

Doug

Remove the band, thread a split ring though the pin hole and attach retractor.

II'm in the process of putting my compass on a retractor too. I just picked up some of these today at a local store - it was an unexpected and good find:

Nite Ize S-Biner #2 Small - Black

Very small, very black, and very stainless steel. Fits perfectly in the little holes on the DSS SK-7 compass boot too.

Alternative to console and/or avoiding having to strap it on to a wrist?

I can see the appeal. Imagine if your light is strapped to your inflater, your knife is strapped to the center BC pocket, your compass is on a retractor attached to your BC. Now your computer is either on a very small console, or strapped to the wrist

What the OP is talking about is moving his computer - not a compass - from his wrist to a retractor

What I'm saying is, I don't see why you would want to do that (instead of just leaving it on your wrist - I don't like consoles)

IMHO, unless there's some reason not to have it on your wrist, that's the best place for it - the idea of having lights, compasses, computers and retractors all over my BC doesn't appeal to me at all

Anyway, each to their own

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom