Hollis HTS and STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmccarver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a question about the HTS and attaching a STA. Do you need a plate to attach the STA to or can you attach the STA directly to the HTS without the plate.

Thanks.
Dustin

I have a question about the HTS and attaching a STA. Do you need a plate to attach the STA to or can you attach the STA directly to the HTS without the plate.

Thanks.
Dustin

Hi Dustin,

Using the current HTS with an STA requires a hard backplate. Without the backplate, the tank will roll side to side and potentially damage the backpack.

Our aluminum plate weighs 2lbs and the stainless is almost 6lbs. Should help in determining which plate is correct for your application.

Thanks for the questions!

Hi Dustin,

Using the current HTS with an STA requires a hard backplate. Without the backplate, the tank will roll side to side and potentially damage the backpack.

Our aluminum plate weighs 2lbs and the stainless is almost 6lbs. Should help in determining which plate is correct for your application.

Thanks for the questions!

Are those figures weights, or are they 2lbs. negative and 6 lbs negative in water?

Thank for reply Nick, I thought that might be the case. Bought everything yesterday, except that, I will get a plate on Monday when I go by ST in dallas.

Are those figures weights, or are they 2lbs. negative and 6 lbs negative in water?

Hi Scubakev,

Those figures are weights above water, which make them about an ounce less +/- in fresh or salt water (thanks to Archimedes principle). Probably not enough to notice :D

Actually, the Stainless is closer to 5.5lbs than 6lbs. My mistake previously.

Hope this helps.

I am in need of a little assistance myself. I ordered the HTS, the Single Cylinder Adapter Plate, and the S38. I have been waiting on the stainless cam bands, which are on backorder. After reading the original question in this thread, I realize that I also should have ordered a backplate (assuming I interpret the original answer correctly). I am leaving on Monday morning on an official trip that will take me through the Pacific (Guam) and I want to bring my gear with me. Since I do not know of any local dealers that have any hollis backplates around me, and I can't order one in time online, I was going to take the Single Cylinder Adapter off and use the cam bands that came with the HTS. SO now I am trying to attach the S38 to the HTS with the included cam bands. The manual tells you to "Choose the bladder to attach and lay it on the back of the harness with the black side out and the Hollis logo on the lower right side. Pull cam bands through the slots in the bladder (Fig.85)." My problem is that the bladder has no slots in it to feed the bands through. It appears that the only way to attach the bladder would be to use the STA, which requires the backplate, which I don't have. Am I missing something or am I out of luck for Monday's tip because of my lack of backplate? Hopefully I am simply missing something stupid (often the case). Hopefully my description is accurate. I can always post a pic of my bladder if that would help. Thanks for the help.

Randy

I am in need of a little assistance myself. I ordered the HTS, the Single Cylinder Adapter Plate, and the S38. I have been waiting on the stainless cam bands, which are on backorder. After reading the original question in this thread, I realize that I also should have ordered a backplate (assuming I interpret the original answer correctly). I am leaving on Monday morning on an official trip that will take me through the Pacific (Guam) and I want to bring my gear with me. Since I do not know of any local dealers that have any hollis backplates around me, and I can't order one in time online, I was going to take the Single Cylinder Adapter off and use the cam bands that came with the HTS. SO now I am trying to attach the S38 to the HTS with the included cam bands. The manual tells you to "Choose the bladder to attach and lay it on the back of the harness with the black side out and the Hollis logo on the lower right side. Pull cam bands through the slots in the bladder (Fig.85)." My problem is that the bladder has no slots in it to feed the bands through. It appears that the only way to attach the bladder would be to use the STA, which requires the backplate, which I don't have. Am I missing something or am I out of luck for Monday's tip because of my lack of backplate? Hopefully I am simply missing something stupid (often the case). Hopefully my description is accurate. I can always post a pic of my bladder if that would help. Thanks for the help.

Randy

Hi Randy,

In order to use the current S-series wings with the HTS, a hard backplate must be used. This provides the stability needed when utilizing a single tank adapter. Although the stainless cam straps are on backorder, our aluminum and stainless backplates are in stock. PM me or call our office at 510-729-5110. We can put you in touch with the nearest Hollis dealer and assist in locating any needed items for your trip.

Best Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom