Maximus Yoke With HP Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belgianbrew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Do I need to have my Maximus converted to Din in order to use it with HP steel cylinders?

If the valves do not have the removable conversion plugs then yes. This should certainly be the case if they are 3500 PSI cylinders. If they are 3442 the valves may be convertible or could be swapped to convertible.

Should you decide to switch the switch is an easy one on those Sherwoods. We dive Sherwoods and have both connections. Be sure to have your tech show you how it's done and keep your yoke parts. If you travel to a dive destination you will want to reinstall the yoke. That regulator with a din connector and yoke adapter turns into a real head banger it becomes sooooo long.

Many will prefer to have a DIN connection with HP cylinders but when you think about it's only 15% higher than an AL80 at 3000 and given over and under fills the pressures could be the same.

Pete

When you say you have HP Steel Tanks, are those tanks 3,500 or 3,442? The 3,500 psi tanks must be DIN Valves and therefore you must have a DIN 1st stage. If the tanks are 3,442 psi; it will have a convertible valve and it not necessary to have a DIN 1st stage.

Sherwood Scuba Rep

So I'm okay as long as it is 3,442 right? I'd like to switch over to din eventually though regardless of pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom