Lid Snap -Hook at Housing Back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foxy188

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Ikelite Rep,

I would like to inquire if it is normal for some rust to develop in the Hook of the housing back where the lid snap hook on to. Cause I have seen some minor rust there which I am curious whether I should unscrew and take the hook for some rust removal.

Could you please advise what I should do?? It would be utmost helpful if I know its normal.

This housing is less than a year which I purchase somewhere in July 08. Odd thing is, I always followed the instruction on cleaning the housing. Kindly advise.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Sorry to hear of the problem with the rusty lid hook... It could be a random abnormality in either the screw or the hook itself, but won't affect the overall functionality of the housing.

If you contact your Ikelite distributor they can request a replacement lid hook and screw to be included with their next shipment.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Hi Jean,

I have send back my ikelite housing to your repair department. I notice that two of the buttons has yellowish stuff inside where I could not clean it since its inside. I called Ike to ask if I could continue using it but she said its abnormal to have the yellowish rust in the first place hence, recommend to send it back to repair department to have a look.

Great Service Guys/Gals!!

Steven

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom