PG Dive Closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancurrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This just in:

Dear Customers:

I have very sad news for you (which you may have heard) - PG Dive is closing. It is obviously no secret that business has been very slow this season. We thought we could ride it out, but it was just impossible.

This is obviously a difficult time for me and for everyone associated with PG Dive. There are very practical matters to be handled as we try to figure out just what will happen to the store generally and to all the transactions and activities pending or in progress. All I can say right now is that you should call or write to me and I will do my best to respond as quickly and completely as possible. As everyone knows, we have always tried hard at PG Dive to be friendly, honest and candid with all of our customers. As we end the wonderful relationship we have had with all of you we look back with pride on what we were able to accomplish and will work to bring everything to a reasonable conclusion in the next few weeks.

While I am terribly disappointed that PG Dive had to end this way, I have some satisfaction in knowing that we tried a lot of different and creative things in the past five 5 years and I think we advanced the sport of scuba diving in the Boston area. Any business with such a short season is difficult and admittedly we didn't have quite enough capital when we started, which led to some financial hurdles at several points in the exciting life of the enterprise.

So I leave with a host of terrific memories, a flock of friends and a determination to get my next adventure - whatever it might be! - off on the right foot. I have absolutely no regrets about the 15 or so years I've spent around scuba diving, and no intention of moving on to tennis, sailing or some other sport. So, I'm sure our paths will cross again, somewhere, sometime!

With thanks and sincere best wishes,

Paul Stewart

Gosh! This is rather unfortunate. The after shocks of the housing bubble burst are hitting harder and harder. Personally, I can no longer afford $130+ U-853 charters. :idk:

Wow... I also got the email.

Obviously being from RI I was hardly a regular at that shop, but I on the occasions I did business with them they seemed great. I hope they have good luck with whatever they do from here on.

Sad to see yet another New England Dive shop go away.

Last edited:
That's sad to hear. I never made it to the shop being from Maine. Paul was good to deal with via e-mail and they seemed to really be trying to build a community.

Pete

While they could at times be spotty with communication and getting gear in, they were always friendly, honest, and helpful. Sad news.

i'm interested in buying some of their rental tanks..wonder when they'll be selling those off.

That's too bad. I did some training and purchased my pinnacle drysuit from them. I got a very good deal on it too. Now that PG is no more, there are no Pinnacle dealers in the boston metro area. I wonder if any of the surviving shops will pick up the line? He was also the only shop in the area giving free fills. I'm sure that had an impact on revenue too. Again, its too bad, they were nice guys.

Now that PG is no more, there are no Pinnacle dealers in the boston metro area.

There are actually 4 other dealers listed in MA (though fairly far from you) and 2 in NH (1 fairly close).

The closest to you is:

Pablo Krooz Dive Shop
52 Lowell Road
Salem, NH 03079
Phone: 603-870-9393
www.pablokrooz.com

The others are:

Wilderness Experiences Unlimited & Westfield Water
526 College Highway
Southwick, MA 01077
Phone: 413-569-1287
www.weu.com

Moe's Divers Supply
19 Puritan Street
South Dartmouth, MA 02748
Phone: 508-996-1430
www.moesds.com

At The Water's Edge
1022 Central Street
Palmer, MA 01069
Phone: 413-532-5110
www.lovetodive.com

Vineyard Scuba
110 South Circut Avenue Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
Phone: 508-693-0288
www.vineyardscuba.com

Unforunate about PG Dive though. I bought OMS backplates and wings there for my wife and I for our honeymoon 2 years ago. I hope they stay local and in the business, they're a good group.

Yes, very sad. Although I haven't been diving much this year I have shopped at PG Dive quite a few times over the past few years. Those folks were so helpful and it was such a good shop to go to. I think it must be really hard to have a decent shop in the northeast with such a short season. I'll miss them!

I think it must be really hard to have a decent shop in the northeast with such a short season.

Agreed. I think the LDS' need to get their customers into drysuits so they can dive year round! That's what i did! :D

Back
Top Bottom