Changing UOM on Aladin Air (Uwatec)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ajaxio

New
Reaction score
How can I change the default Unit of Measure (UOM) on the Aladin Air Computer.

Currently it is set on meters/Bar but I would like to set it on feet/PSI.

Is this possible?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Matt

You need a MemoMouse and the DataTalk s/w from Uwatec to change it:

DataTalk is a service programme allowing you to adjust the basic settings of your dive computer to your personal needs. The adjustable settings depend on the type of dive computer you use.

All dive computers can be switched from the display of metric units (metre/bar) to imperial units (feet/psi).
details can be found in the manual here: Product support - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

DataTalk/Trak can be downloaded here: DataTRAK - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

LeisurePro sells the MemoMouse for $149.
Uwatec Datatrak PC Interface with Memo Mouse from LeisurePro.com

Another option:

I have a Sport Ultra. A year ago I bought a home-made version of a MemoMouse from someone on Scubaboard but never used it - I don't even know if it works. Last spring the battery died on my computer so I replaced it with a Suunto. So I'll never use the interface.

It has a 9pin serial connector on the computer end and two wires to connect to the dive computer on the other. I have some basic instructions downloaded from a site used to build the interface also. I have no idea if it will work with your Aladin Air.

So if you want to try it, PM with your real address. I'll send you mine and you can send me cash for postage and a padded bag to ship it to you. If it works, you send me $25 more, if not return it at your expense. Here's a photo:

Welcome to Scubaboard...

Do you still have your sport Ultra? I don't know much about the sport version. I am looking for an aladin pro ultra. Do you know what the differences are? do you want to sell your sport ultra?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom