What brand /model speargun/ pole spear do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are so many great quality guns on the market, it will make your head spin. Hunting location, Shooter experience, and of course price point are all things to consider when chosing a new product line to carry. You might want to research what the winners of major spearfishing tournaments are using since that is what a lot of new spearo's look to when deciding to upgrade from their introductory purchase into the sport.

Since your question was what gun do you shoot, you can read this thread where everyone chimed in recently what their favorite is, it's a great read packed with marketing info.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-hunting/219795-spear-gun-s-all-time-favorite.html

George, how does your customer base break dow? Local shooters vs traveling hunters? Free vs scuba?

Like Johnoly said there's a huge diversity in guns to match the needs of all the various conditions, fish species and diving styles.

Chad

Mostly I use Daryl Wong Florida Freeshafters, with and without lines, sometimes a wooden old style Hawaiian sling, and once in a while a Ray Odor polespear.

George, how does your customer base break dow? Local shooters vs traveling hunters? Free vs scuba?

Like Johnoly said there's a huge diversity in guns to match the needs of all the various conditions, fish species and diving styles.

Chad

Mostly I use Daryl Wong Florida Freeshafters, with and without lines, sometimes a wooden old style Hawaiian sling, and once in a while a Ray Odor polespear.

Chad,
where were you when the guys were bashing me for suggesting freeshafting to a Florida guy switching to scuba hunting? I could of used your help. They went so far as to say they could reload their triple-band lineshaft gun faster than I could a freeshaft enclosed track gun (Deathstick/Kudana). Unbelievable the guys over here, just full of themselves. I can't get them to come over to the Planet or Spearboard, afraid I guess. :rofl3::rofl3:

Charlie

I LOVE my Riffe Baja Plus and Comp 3XS. Of course, they ARE the only two guns I ever shot....and I DID used to think that my first car, a 1965 Plymouth Fury III station wagon, was a good offroad vehicle.
But seriously, one thing about Riffe that I really like is their customer service. When I call there, half the time I talk to Jay. Great guy.

Chad,
where were you when the guys were bashing me for suggesting freeshafting to a Florida guy switching to scuba hunting? I could of used your help. They went so far as to say they could reload their triple-band lineshaft gun faster than I could a freeshaft enclosed track gun (Deathstick/Kudana). Unbelievable the guys over here, just full of themselves. I can't get them to come over to the Planet or Spearboard, afraid I guess. :rofl3::rofl3:

Charlie

The anti-freeshafters are everywhere, not just here. I get tired of the explanations too.

Someday these die-hard line shooters will be on a dive and a freeshafter will triple their catch in just a few minutes and they'll have to believe it.

Really good line shaft shooters, with any brand gun, still usually take several minutes to reload and shoot again.

An experienced freeshafter with an enclosed track gun like my Wong FL Freeshafter or open track like my Seahornet can achieve it in 4 to 6 seconds!

Proof: Attached kingfish pic, freeshafted twice in 100 foot visibilty and ripping current at Hole-in-the-wall, West Palm Beach.

Chad

Attachments

• 19 lbs king%2019%20lbs%202-e.jpg
    19 lbs king%2019%20lbs%202-e.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 752
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom