Suunto D9 and Scubapro Galileo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBO MD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys,

I realize that this is an ongoing question, and while it's the old äpples and oranges"thing comparing them, I'm trying to work out some issues .

The Galileo is very attractive because of it's more "physiological " approach to tailoring profiles ; ie taking into account diver work ( be it very approximate, it's still quite an advancement from tables based on studying bubbles in shrimp).

Anyway; from a pure practical point of view, now that it's been out for about a year, what are the challenges, glitches? Are there still transmitter idiosyncracies that one has to deal with, as in heart rate, air contents etc? How fragile is it overall?

The D9 has limitations, (small screen), but Suunto still has a great algorithm for avoiding (as much as is ever possible) DCS.

Very grateful for your patience and kindness in responding.

I had a prototyp Sol, and now have a production model, and I have had no problems whatsoever with it losing signal from either the heart rate monitor or the tank. And if you want to play it safe, you can always up the personal settings to be more-conservative like the Suuntos.

My Sol looks like I have been digging with it, it has scratches all the over metal frame and the plastic cover is battered, but it has never put a foot wrong. I've got over 500 dives on the prototype I had and the current production model I've got now, so I've no complaints.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom