Computer for Mac user

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
wich computer is compatible with Mac ??? is there only uwatec or is there others ?

thanks !

wich computer is compatible with Mac ??? is there only uwatec or is there others ?

thanks !

I boot my Macs into a PC (with Bootcamp at home and Parallels at work) in order to use Oceanic's OceanLog software. Since it is based on Microsoft's abortive Access database, it will never be ported to be Mac native.

I have suunto computers with MacDive, works just fine! And the author of MacDive is here on the board too!

The Suunto computers get no official support, but there are a few Mac programs that will download from certain Suunto computers + a workable USB cable. MacDive is one, DiveLog is another.

You can use the various Suunto computers, using 3rd party software. I've used the Cobra and Vytec successfully with Mac Divelog. Check it out at DiveLog - it's well worth the small fee he charges.

You can use the various Suunto computers, using 3rd party software. I've used the Cobra and Vytec successfully with Mac Divelog. Check it out at DiveLog - it's well worth the small fee he charges.

Ditto - this is what I am using. Mark is pretty responsive to the program and the users.

The only problem with the Sensus Ultra, aside from the fact that it gives no dynamic readout, is the fact that it does not record tank data.
It's is a dive logger, it's not a dive computer. It wouldn't serve any purpose to have it be air integrated, that would just quadruple the price. The Sensus is something you use in conjunction with a dive computer or bottom timer that doesn't do dive logging (or doesn't do dive logging to your satisfaction).

BTW, in the Sensus dive logging software itself, you can enter your starting and ending pressure as inputs to calculate your actual SAC rate...

It's is a dive logger, it's not a dive computer. It wouldn't serve any purpose to have it be air integrated, that would just quadruple the price. The Sensus is something you use in conjunction with a dive computer or bottom timer that doesn't do dive logging (or doesn't do dive logging to your satisfaction).

BTW, in the Sensus dive logging software itself, you can enter your starting and ending pressure as inputs to calculate your actual SAC rate...

Indeed, it is a logger and not a computer, but the lack of pressure makes it a weak logger. My computer logs as well as computes. In fact, the software computes SAC automatically for each dive based on the pressure logging. If you have to input start and end pressure you have issues: 1) you have to remember the pressures that you read off a gauge, and 2) you have to enter them manually. You also have SAC errors as a result of BC equalizing, predive air checking, free flow, etc. In my dive log, I can pull out time, start and end pressures for a known period where I was neutral and only breathing, so the SAC calculation is uber accurate. As such, you are far better putting your money into a dive computer with logging functions, in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom