Siquijor Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver69

Contributor
Reaction score
OK - call me flip flop, can't make up my mine.

After searching web some more, I am thinking now may be Siquijor Island?

I would still like to take a day trip to Apo Island, but it seems Siquijor Island may be a better choice to stay at, given the fresh water problem and costs involved in Apo Island.

Does anyone know how much it costs to do a day trip with diving to Apo Island from Siquijor Island? Also, I read up and am considering the following resorts/operations. Any cooments will be greatly appreciated:

Coral Cay Resort - Do they have dive shop there or nearby?
Kiwi Dive Resort
Norwegian Dream Beach Resort
Royal Cliff Resort

Also, how is the diving at Siquijor Island?

Thanks.

Anyone?

I found that most dive shops in Siquijor don't offer day trips to Apo Island, or if they do, it's very expensive.

How is the diving in Siquijor? Will I regret going there rather than Apo Island?

I found the diving there to be very good, I stayed at a placed call Paridiso owned by a young French guy and his wife. Rates were very reasonable. The down side of staying on Siqijour is there is not much night life. I will find and send you the email address of a local Instructor who we hooked up with while on the island..

Depending on how long you are staying in the RP you may want to make this a small part of itenerary and also visit Bohol.

Cheers
Roger

Sea Explorers have dive bases in both Siquijor and Dauin. The Dauin base usually has at least one run a day to Apo. Their base on Siquijor is (I think) in the Coral Quay, in Dauin it's the Pura Vida.

Sea Explorer's sells dive packages, and the dives can be divided up between the different dive bases.

I really liked SE, not too expensive and quite professional. If you are in the Dauin area on your way to Apo DEFINITELY dive The Pier; it's an awesome experience.

Siquijor is more than interesting, but I think that you should also go to Dauin. Negros and Siquijor are very different.
They organize some Apo day trip from Siquijor, but it depends of the number of divers.
It's the same from Dauin, but really, you couldn't miss it from there.

I went to Siquijor with Sea Ex at the coco grove beach resort. The resort is fantastic :
M0011379.JPG
M0011378.JPG

M0011377.JPG
M0011409.JPG

The dive center is much smaller than the Sea Ex dive cen,ter in Dauin, but it's OK and much more quite.
The dives are nice, it's white sand and walls on the west part of the island.
M0011527.JPG

M0011565.JPG

The main problem of the coco grove dive center is that it's a bit too far from those dive sites. But they are quite close from Mayte, the best night dives I've ever done.

M0011604.JPG
M0011596.JPG
M00114721.JPG

M0011440.JPG

M0011284.JPG

And you can also rent a motorbike or even a small jeepney to have a nice journey around the island...this is something to do.

M0011522.JPG

M0011520.JPG

M0011511.JPG

M0011507.JPG
M0011515.JPG

Awesome shots Air One!

Siquijor is officially on my to go list now. :)

Siquijor it is then.

How easy/difficult is it to get from Dumaguete to Siquijor? I will be taking early ferry from Cebu to Dumaguete. On the return trip, do the ferries leave Siquijor early enough for me to catch the morning ferry from Dumaguete to Cebu?
I think I will be staying with Coral Cay Resort. Any comments on this resort?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom