Sherwood Computer interface and merging dive logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mpnutter

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all!

This is my first post here and I am really hoping that someone can answer this question.

My wife has a Wisdom 2. And the computer split one of her dives due to a brief surface. i.e. she floated to close to the top.

I am trying to figure out how to merge these "two" dives into one single dive.

I thought that I had seen a way, but I might be thinking of my Suunto.

Seeing how Sherwood does not return emails in over a two week period, can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike

You might want to try posting to http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sherwood-scuba/. There is a Sherwood rep on the board. If you put the right title to your message you should get a reply from him.

I think the answer will be, "Cannot do it."

If your wife came within a few feet of the surface then went back down again, I'd think that was two dives. To me, a dive is go to XX' for YY minutes and surface. A multi-level dive is go to XX' for YY minutes, go up ZZ' for AA minutes then surface, XX' > ZZ'.

I not sure how close you have to get to the surface to make the Wisdom II think you are ending the dive but you cannot activate it below 4' so I'm guessing you have to be within 4' of the surface. Going to XX' for YY minutes, going up to 4' then dropping back down to ZZ' for AA minutes is not a good idea. The algorithm in the computer assumes you don't go up and down like that. This is why it would see this as two dives with a zero surface interval. For planning purposes you should treat it as such.

Just curious, why do you want to do this? If it is for your own information, it is 'one' dive out of hopefully hundreds of future dives. If this is for certification purposes, talk to the instructor.

P.S. I've written emails to Sherwood about my Wisdom II. I assumed they weren't going to reply. I finally did get a reply but it was weeks later.

scubadiver888,

Thanks for the reply. My only real concern is being very anal about having the log books match. When it split she actually never made it to the surface, she realized she was at the surface and re-descended to 20 ft. Part of me says delete the dive, so she can look at dive 20 in the program and match to dive 20 in her actual book.

This is just not an issue with my Suunto. I had split dives during training dives waiting for other divers to complete a task why we waited on the surface and the Suunto just allows for a simple click to merge the dives.

Thanks again.

Mike

scubadiver888,

Thanks for the reply. My only real concern is being very anal about having the log books match. When it split she actually never made it to the surface, she realized she was at the surface and re-descended to 20 ft. Part of me says delete the dive, so she can look at dive 20 in the program and match to dive 20 in her actual book.

This is just not an issue with my Suunto. I had split dives during training dives waiting for other divers to complete a task why we waited on the surface and the Suunto just allows for a simple click to merge the dives.

Thanks again.

Mike
Mike,

Like I was saying, she really did two dives with a zero surface interval. I would enter it in my log book as such. Rather than making the computer match the log book, why not make the log book match the computer?

As far as making the dives in the computer match the dives in the log book, the Wisdom II holds 50 dives. The moment she makes dive number 51 the dive computer will not match the log book.

Darrell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom