Ikelite SD 870 IS housing flash diffuser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewslife2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just received my housing for my Canon SD870 IS today,everything is great so far except the flash diffuser, it's like way to thin to lock into the port groove, the deflector is fine as it is much thicker and fits snugly into the groove, while the diffuser flops around and ends up hanging upside down.Is there a solution for this problem, I mean other than holding the diffuser in position every time I take a picture. :confused:

I'm sorry for the trouble, it appears that a small batch of diffusers were mixed up in packaging. Please e-mail ikelite@ikelite.com or call the office at 317-923-4523 with your address, housing model number (#6240.87 for Canon SD870), and problem. We will send a replacement diffuser out to you right away. Thanks for the opportunity to correct this.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Last edited:
:D:D:D:DOutstanding, now that's what I call customer service, thank-you so much, I shall email right away. You will certainly be getting alot more of my bussiness.
thanks again
Robert

Sorry to hear about that! Replacement diffusers and deflectors can be ordered through the office at 317-923-4523. Just reference the camera model or housing model # when requesting the replacement part.

Newer diffusers and deflectors have small holes in them which are convenient for attaching a thin string or fishing line to the housing.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom