How does everyone feel about the NiTek Duo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

southjerseydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey guys, i have the chance to buy a nitek duo thats been dove 2 times for $350. whats everyones feelings on this computer. eventually i will be taking more tech classes so i will use it as a bottom timer but for the next year or so ill use it as a real computer. so how do you like it?

Sure, now that you have a consensus, go for it.

One warning.....soak it good and long in fresh water after every saltwater dive. I had to do a battery change and when I turned the cover to open the case, the battery turned with the cover and snapped off the battery connection posts..... you can't fix them as they are held on with little plastic posts.

I've always rinsed, but not soaked, and I'm assuming there was a build up of salt that wasn't apparent. That's my only guess as to why the battery would turn with the cover.......

I have used a Zeagle N2ition which is basically the same computer and liked it alot.

is there any real advantages on spending $200 for the docking station, is it really worth it?

If you look hard enough you should be able to get the computer and the dock for less money:
Dive Rite Nitek Plus Dive Watch with PC Interface- USED

One word about the computer: they say it is watch sized but it is large enough that I would have trouble wearing it as a watch.

Oops, that is for the Nitek Plus......

I have 2 of them & really like them ( because of the gas switch capabilities, they are also perfect for the Adv. Nitrox class I'm in), however they seem to be a bit on the conservative side. I was on a live aboard & was buddied up with a Gent who had a Suunto computer (can't remember which one). He had several conservative factors turned on with his, with what he called the "old fat guy settings", & I had no conservative factors turned on with mine. On our last dive of the week, we were diving a rather deep wreck & I managed to go into 3 min. deco (Oops!:sigh:) while he said he still had 2 min. to go until he got into deco. We were both breathing air all week, so it wasn't a difference in gases.

They are great no frills dive computers....easy to operate and read. IMHO the best general dive computer on the market today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom