I'm off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Launch from Ft Lauderdale tomorrow (Sunday). Monday: snorkeling in the Bahamas; Wednesday: Diving with Casey and Neptune Divers in Grand Cayman; Thursday: Diving with Arturo Garcia in Majahual, Mx; Friday: diving with Alison Dennis in Coz.

Trip Report on return (If they can get me our of the water in Coz after the last dive.

Rich Hagelin

PS Snowing today in Spokane

Back from the trip. Weather was great and the diving was fantastic.

Grand Cayman: two tanks with Casey and Keith at Neptune's Divers. Neptune's Reef and Mitch Miller Reef. Lots of fish and coral. Keith even took some grat digital pictures and e-mailed me so I had them when I returned (even though I don't have a clue how to use an underwater camera). I'll try to figure out how to attach them so you all can look. Casey and Keith run an absolutely first class operation. I would recommend them highly.

Majahual: Not yet a developed diving location so both good and bad. The dive was great. The reefs are virgin. The dive op is not up to modern standards, but if you want to get "off the beaten path" it is very good diving. Not up to Grand Cayman/Coz standards, but very good.

Coz: two tanks with Alison Dennis (scubawithalison.com) Palencar Caves and Cedral Reef. Alison runs a nice small operation (unfortunately, there were 8 divers this day so it was not as good as it could have been). But, nevertheless, the diving was fantastic. It's hard to have a bad dive at Cozumel. Saw sharks and turtles as well as lots of fish. The drift diving is definitely the way to go.

Both Neptune's Divers and Alison allowed diving to the limits of your computer.

Sounded like fun.

Thanks for the info.

DocVikingo

PS: Please e-mail me with some more on Garcia's op when you get a chance.

Thanks for the appetizer! I leave for a week of the main course in Cozumel on Thursday! A week of diving with Aldora. OooohAaaah!

I was thinking of heading to Lake Pend Oreille for an exotic dive trip. You have that beat! Have a great time.

I have only done a few dives there. I think one was at Whiskey Rock bay and the other may have been close to Granite creek. I remember the one dive was not far from an abandon mine.

I heard that there was a submarine base at the lake and that is why I am thinking of heading back. What type of diving is to be had in the lake?

I know that Coeur D Alene has a few old paddle wheelers in it.

Pez

I pretty much limit myself to ocean (mostly warm water) diving these days. I guess I'm spoiled. I can't tell you much about the diving in pend Orielle.

Rich

PS. The submarine base is the US Navy's Acoustic Research Center. They have scale model subs that they do sonar testing with. The base is at the south end of the lake (Lakeview) and their testing sites are along the west shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom