DR B/P lumbar pad with STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WolfY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Got a new DR TransPlate system some time ago. Assembling the lumbar pad with ‎the STA showed that the plastic buckle will probably brake at first use. The STA ‎wing lye with the buckle at the same spot. even if there is some cushioning from ‎pad and no hard pressure from 2 sides it will probably were out very soon. Not ‎taking chance and waiting for it to brake (maybe I'm wrong) I've found a nicer ‎solution and implemented it. See pic. enclosed‏.‏

The other thing that I'm not satisfied with is the length of it. 2 more inches will ‎cover the lower b/p and save some aches once in a while and save the suit from ‎scratches. This is what it meant for too‏.‏

Actually if I had knew all this from the beginning I probably wouldn't buy it. I ‎would ask my LDS or a sewer to custom make one for me. Maybe a DIY project. ‎It's really not a big issue for DIY. I just thought it's not worth the time when compared to buying a perfect (as I thought) solution.

Attachments

• DR LumbarPad 001 (855 x 642).jpg
    DR LumbarPad 001 (855 x 642).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DR LumbarPad 002 (855 x 642).jpg
    DR LumbarPad 002 (855 x 642).jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 69
I wonder if you guys in DR have anything to say?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom