Canon G10 Housing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure if you guys do this....but if you will send me a PM when it is available...I will be one of your first orders for the G10. All of my strobes, trays, lens, etc are Ikelite. Your products are the best so I am willing to wait.

Thanks for the Update

I am just wondering if Ikelite has an estimate on when the Canon G10 housing will be available?? I just got my G10 today and am anxious to get it in the water.

Since something like that would be entirely based on my less-than-stellar memory, I can't commit to that. However the housing will have a product number and become available for pre-order by the middle of next week. I recommend having your local Ikelite Dealer call next week to reserve one for you. This is the only way to guarantee you're at the head of the line!

Thanks for your support!
Jean

Wow - I'm glad I found this thread. I was thinking of buying a G9 and housing for it - but now I can go for the G10 :)

Although, I wish the G10 were more like the G2, with the flippy display and such. Stupid Canon. ):

I will do that...and I do understand about the memory. My CRS gets worse everyday. Thanks for the information.

Since something like that would be entirely based on my less-than-stellar memory, I can't commit to that. However the housing will have a product number and become available for pre-order by the middle of next week. I recommend having your local Ikelite Dealer call next week to reserve one for you. This is the only way to guarantee you're at the head of the line!

Thanks for your support!
Jean

Wow - I'm glad I found this thread. I was thinking of buying a G9 and housing for it - but now I can go for the G10 :)

Although, I wish the G10 were more like the G2, with the flippy display and such. Stupid Canon. ):

I was going to get the G9 as well. I had a look at the G10 and compared it to the G9 (if you go to the Canon USA website you can compare the two). There are a lot of improvements in the G10 but they changed a few things as well. First thing I noticed was the movie mode doesn't have higher resolution modes.

I downloaded the manuals for both cameras and will be looking them over to see if there are any other differences.

I also noticed the price of both is the same. If the G10 is better in all regards, should it cost more? Or at least drop the price of the G9?

Regardless of which camera I get, I'm definitely going to factor in the cost of the Ikelite housing. :D

Hi Ikelite.

What is the problem with the wide angle?

can you tell us about macro options for this housing?

And what about color filters?

I'd like to upgrade to the G10 for my vacation over Christmas but not at the risk of not being able to house the camera before then. Spoke with my LDS today and he called Ikelite to find out for sure when it would be available. He was told that the more realistic timeframe is late December which is too late for me. Can you tell me for sure when I could get my hands on one?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom