Underwater Photo Workshop in Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Join us for an Underwater Photography & Photoshop Workshop
in the exotic and beautiful

fiji_islands_SB.png

4 Nights at the Beqa Lagoon Resort PLUS 7 Days on the Fiji Aggressor

This trip will be limited to 16 divers only, so sign up early!

Departs LAX June 7, 2009, home on June 20th
June 9-13th at Beqa Lagoon
June 13-20th aboard the Fiji Aggressor

$5799pp/do

INCLUDES:

• 4 nights at Beqa Lagoon
  • 7 nights aboard the Fiji Aggressor
  • All meals except for dinner the last evening
  • Beverages, soft drinks, wine with dinner
  • All diving
  • Underwater Photography and Photoshop Workshop and photo contest with great prizes
The non-stop flight to Fiji is only 10.5 hours from LAX. We'll board the plane on Sunday night, sleep much of the way and wake up in paradise. Fiji offers everything from small critters to sharks and soft coral gardens. We have chosen this resort and live-aboard because this is the BEST Fiji has to offer. We chose June because the water is still warm and the visibility is expected to be excellent. Typically during their winter the vis is best, but the water gets COLD. During their summer the water is warm, but the visibility goes way down. June is the perfect time to dive Fiji.

Fiji_pictures_SB.png

We'll arrive in Nadi (pronounced Nandy) early in the morning on June 9th (we lose a day because we cross the international dateline). We'll go straight to Beqa Lagoon Resort where we'll spend four glamorous days and get as much diving in as possible. We'll also be doing photography workshop seminars during the evenings and will shoot lots of pictures during the day!

Surrounded by over 190 miles of spectacular coral, Beqa Lagoon is one of the worlds largest barrier reefs. Diving these calm protected waters is like exploring another world. The water is clear and warm, visibility is typically over 100 feet, currents are mild, and the water temperature stays a fairly constant 80 degrees F. Many of the most spectacular dive sights are only a few minutes from shore, and if you stayed long enough, you could explore over 100 different sights! The Divemasters at Beqa Lagoon have been diving in these waters since they were children. If you stay close they will show you some of the most intriguing creatures ever -- blue ribbon eels, clown triggers, lionfish, leafy scorpionfish, reef sharks and millions of colorful anthias and fusiliers all abound in these waters.

Then we move on to the REAL diving!

Fiji_aggressor_SB.png

The 106' Fiji Aggressor II will take us to the most amazing dive sites in Fiji. These are areas that resort day boats cannot get to, so there are no crowds! During the week aboard the Aggressor we'll explore the reefs, bommies and walls of Nigali Pass, Wakaya, Koro and Namenalalala Islands. Exciting drift dives with possible sightings of eagle rays, mantas, turtles, sharks and giant groupers. This area of Fiji is loaded with lush soft corals and brilliant displays of color that are unmatched anywhere in the world. We'll have 5.5 days of diving as well as an optional visit to a Fijian village for a "meke" party and some kava!

NOT INCLUDED: Aggressor Vat Tax of $373.00 & Park Fee $12.50, gratuities, airfare, NITROX $100 fee, optional village tour ($15 donation to village). We can also arrange airfare for you or you might be able to get your ticket using your frequent flyer miles, but the sooner you sign up, the better your chances. Flight will be on Air Pacific.

*SOME DRINKS ARE INCLUDED: The Aggressor offers wine with dinner but if you want hard liquor or have special requests, you can BYO (duty free works great for this) or let them know well in advance and they will provide what you want for an additional fee.

If you're interested in this trip, contact Bonnie ASAP. It will fill up fast!

Last edited:
LOL...patience, my dear. I just got home with several thousand images on my computer. I did get an awful lot of amazing pictures that I have on my Facebook page now, but I will attempt to write something up for Scuba Board and Wetpixel too. To make a long story short, Fiji is every bit as gorgeous as ever and I was long overdue for a trip there. Amazing soft coral, tons of sharks, very healthly hard coral, cool critters, yummy kava (just kidding...it tastes like muddy water that's been used to wash old tennis shoes), and local people who have the voices of angels. Isa Lei has been running through my head ever since I got home. I only wish I had spent a couple more weeks there to visit more areas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom