Lessons learned the hard way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmysOnline

Reaction score
I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

1. Never force ear equalization! I knew better.

2. Always make sure that your car keys with your remote car alarm control doohickey is OUT of your BC pocket before you head out for your dive.

DUH!!!

Amy

Always check the security of your swimming Suit while taking off your wet suit.

Alway use a check list before leaving for a dive.

Carry your speargun when you dont want to see fish. And Dont carry your speargun when you want to see fish.

My daughter learned this one yesterday during her pool session---make sure you have swithed from snorkel to regulator before descending. I was there watching and saw it coming and it ws very hard to not say anything to her but better she learn it there then in openwater like I did several years ago.

Yeah - I have seen the car door opener up close from a significant female who just came home and proclaimed that I needed to go to the dealer and get a new one...
My response "why?" reaped a substantial amount of profanity...

He he... glad to know she is not the only one...

Dane

Always check all of your gear out the 2 nights before you leave on any dive trip. That way you have time for last minute repairs and toy runs to the LDS.

(That's how I caught my free flowing 2nd stage before flower gardens trip)

When a police officer pulls you over and ask you why he stopped you Never say:" because you knew I had dounuts in the car"
But It was totally worth the $133.00 ticket

ok less complex

When you read a inspection sticker that expires in 6 days, on a cylinder with a J-valve, with a customer that wants "one more fill" so you say OK.

When the burst disc :boom: blew at 2000 psi The cat and myself set the across the shop record.:bolt: A&E

Don't eat yellow snow

Don't pee on an electrical fence

Never upset a woman

Never take a knife to a gunfight

Never assume your buddy wouldn't tie chum off to your tank valve during a shark dive.

Never assume you luggage is going to arrive when you do.

Always call the airport ahead to see if your flight is delayed or cancelled.

Always assume there is sludge water in your BC, even after you cleaned it, when you orally inflate it!

Don't spit into the wind

Don't tug on Superman's cape

Don't mess around with Jim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom