How often does Suunto roll out new computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been eye'ing the D9 for a while, but I believe it's been out for a few years now. I'd hate to buy it, and have Suunto roll out a new model/replacement model right after. No one likes that :) Does anyone know if Suunto has any kind of 'schedule' for rolling out new models? I know the 'low end' D4 came out not long ago, so not sure what that means in terms of a higher end refresh.

Give them 5 years so would be my guess. I can not remember when the Cobra came out 2000??? but the Cobra2 came out in 2006.

If you like buy it and forget about what comes next. At least it is not like a camera.

Well, since the D9 came out some time around the end of 2004, I can wait another year or so :)

Give them 5 years so would be my guess. I can not remember when the Cobra came out 2000??? but the Cobra2 came out in 2006.

If you like buy it and forget about what comes next. At least it is not like a camera.

Well, here's the thing. If you like product X today, and you agree that it's worth $X today, why would you suddenly be dissatisfied with it because product Y came out a week later? It doesn't diminish product X in the slightest.

People always complain about this - esp. in relation to Apple. I've actually heard people make complaints like, "they should wait like, 2 years between product upgrades and tell people exactly when new products are going to come out." Duh!! Uh, Osborne Effect people!!

Why anyone would want a company to take longer to release better and/or cheaper products, I dunno....I don't get it. On the other hand, my digital camera is, uh, 7 years old and my laptop is almost 4 years old. My iPod is 5 years old. My cell phone was 4 years old until I replaced it this year. I guess tend to go a while between upgrades anyway :)

You'll fast become old and grey if you keep waiting for the next new model to come out. Buy when you're ready (and educated on the product) to buy.

I have a D6, my wife went for the D4. The D4 is around 3 years newer than the D6. It has a couple of (very minor) improvements over the D6. None of those improvements were enough for me to consider it a better choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom