Current conditions on Cape Ann?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone try to get out today? Hoping to get out tomorrow. Don't know if still poor conditions from the last storm. Tomorrow seems to be worth the drive down there.

W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING S EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 1 TO 2 FT.

Sounds encouraging. mostly sunny, light winds.

I did lanes cove this afternoon... not the best idea with the wave action going on there. The visibility got better with depth especially at the dropoff down to 60'. The whole dive's vis ranged from 8-20' . Water is still quite warm as well. The noticeable thermocline is in that 28-35' range.

The winds are supposed to be westerly which I guess would explain the wave action. Did you happen to check out the east side of cape ann? I figure would be calmer?

thnx

I think adambisi's observations are accurate. I dove cathedral this afternoon and it was very nice. No waves or swell. A noticeable current though. Good viz and pretty warm too.

Yesterday Dave4868 and I did two dives off Pebble Beach. Water was flat, and visibility straight south of Pebble Beach was about 40'. Southwest -- near the reef across from Cape Hedge Beach, -- it was 15-20'.

OGB on saturday had mixed vis between 10 and 20 feet, depending on where you happened to be. Some reports of "terrible vis" from other divers, but I only saw "typical mediocre" vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom