Need some advice please for Palawan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
Hi,
I am currently in Palawan and will be at the resort off of Puerto Princessa for a few more days with the Marine Biology Project I am working with. After I leave Puerto Princessa I want to see the Under Ground River and then dive somewhere else. Please give me a suggestion/s for maximizing my limited time down here. I would like to see max marine life and I am not too interested in seeing any wrecks right now(seen alot before). Any help would be appreciated. PS I am trying to do as much for as little money possible:D

am at a resort off puerto princesa now. just did two dives. if you're considering dos palmas, i think there are a lot of better places to dive. so much silt in the sites here due to run-off from several rivers they say.

How funny, Im at Dos Palmas right now also. I am looking for a place to go after we are done with our research. I will be doing two dives here tomorrow. Maybe we will see each other, I will try to figure out who u are tomorrow. Visibility has been limited but it has been good enough for our research, it might get a little worse tomorrow due to the storm which pushed through this morning.

Roger

Yeah, sorry to have missed u also. I will be leaving on Thursday evening or Friday Morning.

Does anyone else have any additional info on places to go in PALAWAN or outlying islands?

how were your dives?

have you tried coron? lots of wrecks there. the house reef of club paradise is also a real treat.

Dives have been good, with the rain its been a bit murky at some of the spots we had to go for specimen collection, but we made a night dive on Helens Reef and it was remarkably good vis compared to what we had seen earlier in the day. Someone saw a Turtle and I saw quite a few interesting things including a very large lobster.

I have not been to either Port Barton or Coron but plan on investigating a little further.

I'm currently staying at Discovery Divers here in Coron and so far I'm having a fine time. The diving is what I expected it to be which is to say, I knew before hand not to expect outstanding visibility. The wrecks are interesting, and no two dives on the same boat are the same. One of the Gunboats is surrounded by some fine corals and I enjoyed that dive the most due to the variety of life. We haven't gone to Gunters Cathedral, or Barracuda lake yet but I will insist on it before I leave on the 18th. The staff here are friendly and accommodating and for that we've really enjoyed our stay. Gunter, Melody,Teena, Riza, and the entire crew here are wonderful hosts.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 57
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back