Divemaster in Egypt in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi

I want to go to Egypt for 6-8 weeks in January/ February to do the emergency course and divemaster internship and Im not sure where would be best to go.

I think its a choice between dahab and sharm (please correct me if you know of anywhere that would be better). Im much more of a laid-back traveller and know that Dahab would suit me best in terms if lifestyle but Im worried about a few things:

-Ive heard that dahab is pretty empty in January and that I may not get to dive every day because there arent many groups going out.
- I know that dahab is pretty much all shore diving and Im not sure if its worth doing the emergency course if theres no boat involved.
- Is the diving good enough and are there enough sites in Dahab to dive there for 8 weeks and still have variety?

On the other hand, Sharm (with a TGI Fridays and a Pacha) is really not my scene but I could put up with it if the diving experience would be considerably better.

Really dont know what to do. All advice welcome!

Josie

Have you checked out Divers International located out of the Sofitel on Naama Bay in Sharm? They have a web page so google them if not.

Hey,

I'm also thinking about doing my DM in January in Sharm. I excluded Dahab as I want to do as much as possible boat diving.
I was thinking about doing it with Emperor Divers. I used to dive with them in Marsa Alam and Hurghada. But maybe there are any other good schools? Any advice on that?

Sinai Divers has shops in Dahab and Sharm, maybe you can start your training in Dahab and then transfer to Sharm or commute, it is an hour on the bus between the two towns and the bus fare is super cheap; doesn't hurt to ask them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom