First liveaboard..... :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil

Reaction score
# of dives
Greetings,

Wife and I are 6 days away from our first Liveaboard. Heading to Nassau to hook up with the Aqua Cat. Other than the obvious, (seasick pills, warm suits, reading material) do any of you have any suggestion that might make this trip more enjoyable?

Phil

Taking me with you!!!!

*shoves Rich*

No, me! Take me! :hyper:

there can be a cacophony of sounds onboard...diesels, pumps, generators, etc. (but after a day or two of five dives, I don't need em).

They're good for planes too...blocks out the loud guy that always seems to sit behind me and the screaming kid in 7C...

A stash of energy bars isn't a bad idea either...saved the day when the cook served baked fish covered with 5 lbs of salt...gag.

we are taking our first liveaboard this year as well, 74 days and counting. We are headed to the Coral Sea in Australia.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:D

I just got back from a 10 day trip in Feb. Vinegar and water solution (for your ears...it's better for you than swimmers ear), Q-tips,first aid supplies, (peroxide,ointment,band aids,allergy medicine,etc) mirror, and batteries.

I was suprised how quick it all goes when you're diving several dives a day. The vingar and water solution helps fight the bacteria that is in all bodies of water. These bacteria can cause ear problems and no one needs that on a dive trip.

Hope this helps
Wreck Ranger

We made up a check-list for scuba travel that includes personal stuff (meds, first aid, anti-seasick, etc.) as well as scuba gear. It has served us well on our trips.

FYI: Don't forget sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, and a small container of anti-bug stuff with DEET in it. (Unless they are anchored far enough off shore you WILL get mosquitoes & other bugs.) Likewise, bring anti-histamines in case you do get bit.

Some key points:

Pack in as small a case as you can, nothing hard sided; you may have to stow your luggage in your cabin. For a week on a liveaboard take only 2 pairs of shorts, 4-5 Tshirts, undies, a couple of bathings suits, sweats for after dives, and sandals. What you wore out you'll probably wear back because you'll have changed as soon as you get on the boat.

If you go ashore at Allen's Cay say hi to the Iguanas for me! :wink:

~SubMariner~

Thanks all of you for your suggestions and comments...... I will follow up with a "First Loveaboard Report " when I return....
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom